History of All Saints' Church
Over 100 Years of Grace and Growth.
On November 2, 1902, All Saints' Mission held its first service in the Woodman of the World Lodge Rooms in Loveland, Colorado. Four people attended the first communion service. Thereafter, services were held every second and fourth Sunday.
In 1906, the Diocese of Colorado purchased land at Seventh and Cleveland Avenue in downtown Loveland. A lovely little mission-style church was built under the leadership of the Fr. George Barnes. For over two decades, All Saints' was served by deacons and lay readers, who often rode horseback from Longmont or Fort Collins.
During the 1930s, All Saints' had a rector, but due to a shortage of ministers during and after the war years, the mission was served from nearby cities by part-time priests, visiting priests, and lay readers until 1959. In May, 1961, under the guidance of Fr. Robert Warner, the first full-time rector, the Mission of All Saints' Chapel was changed to parish status in the Diocese of Colorado.
By the early 1960s, a larger church was needed. In 1962, the original church site was sold and land was purchased north of Loveland at 3448 North Taft Avenue. Fr. Kenneth Davis and 45 parish families took on the task of building the All Saints' Church that is enjoyed today. The present church was built in 1964.
In 1970, Fr. Davis was succeeded by Fr. Charles Keen, who saw All Saints' through many internal changes. In 1982, Fr. Sathi Bunyan became rector of All Saints' Church.
By 1990 the church was once again over-crowded. In 1996, ground was broken for a major expansion project. More Sunday school rooms and a children's chapel were added. Administrative offices, the nursery, and the narthex were enlarged. The project continued with the equipping of a new kitchen and remodeling of the parish hall in 2003. The expansion project doubled the size of the original church.
In 2010 Fr. Sathi Bunyan retired after nearly 30 years of service, and was succeeded by Fr. Travis Smith.
Father Travis Smith moved back east to serve another church and in June 2014, The Reverend Nina Churchman took over as rector of All Saints Episcopal Church. Nina retired in 2016, and the Rev. Doug Dunn is interim priest at this time.
All Saints' has grown while keeping the sense of family and caring attitude established during its mission years. The church now provides a spiritual home for more than 150 households.